State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This role is in Accounts Payable Process in a fast paced, high volume SSC environment that supports Eaton’s global business and operations that use SAP application for financial accounting and reporting. The position is responsible for preparing and processing invoices, indexing, payments, vendor master creation and maintenance, answering supplier queries, resolving customer queries etc. with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Eaton business units. This position is responsible for managing a team of employees in Pune, India, one or more Accounts payable activities – invoice processing, vendor master, payments, hold resolution etc. while fostering process improvements and continuous learning. This position is also responsible for managing key production metrics and activities associated with quality audits.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
A. Management of Teams:
- Manages non-Professional staff, in one or more subgroups of Accounts Payable which will include invoice processing, hold resolution, supplier maintenance etc depending on the region, ledger and team size by creating goals, mentoring, coaching and providing opportunities to enhance current skill sets in order to foster/empower an innovative team environment.
B. Day to Day Activities:
- Driving customer satisfaction by ensuring accounts payable activities are performed as per customer expectations and service level agreements
- Work allocation and balancing between team members to ensure a balance between employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Subject Matter expert – Work with the team members to resolve issues as well as provide solutions to the issue
- Plans and oversees daily production activities by facilitating continuous process improvements and knowledge sharing/transfer of direct reports in order to drive standardization of processes.
- Manages metrics to meet goals by ensuring direct reports job functions and activities are performed efficiently and effectively in order to support the rapid integration of acquisitions and facilitate divestitures, and reorganizations.
- Provides customer support and resolution to issues by metrics monitoring and quality audits in order to assure quality of product to the customer.
- Working knowledge of IC reconciliations, Hold resolutions, CRR reviews, Vendor reconciliations
- Adhering and ensuring smooth month end close
- Focus on internal controls especially to SOX, statutory requirements – local as well as US GAAP, company’s accounting policies
- Work on remediation of gaps identified as part of various audits – Internal, External, SOX, Peer Review
- Define process/strengthen processes to ensure better and strengthen controls in AP processes
D. Continuous Improvement
- Drives continuous improvement in the team by proactively identifying areas of process simplification, improvement and automation through Lean tools like Six Sigma, BPI, Kaizens, VSM etc.
E. Ad-hoc Activities:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Participates on project enhancements as process knowledge expert.
- Prepares monthly metrics reporting for both senior management and the process team in order to identify areas where progress is being made or opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in the selection process of hiring candidates
- Works with the Process Leader in strategy deployment and also, sharing ideas for strategy development
- Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements for management or company
- Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
- Experienced Manager of People (5-8 years) is essential, preferably a CA/MBA/ICWA
- Must have relevant experience of at least 5 to 8 years’ experience in AP (P to P) is essential.
- Must have handled a team of minimum 8 + FTE’s
- Knowledge of ERP required - Oracle, SAP, MFGPRo
- Process knowledge of PTP cycle
- Knowledge of SOX/ US GAAP/ India regulatory/Internal control
- Effective communication with ability to build successful teams
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated process improvement and project leadership skills
- Ability to independently achieve consensus and bring forward new ideas to remove barriers
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many assignement at one time
- Proven Record of delivery of process improvements.
- Ability to own a project and bring it to a logical and successful completion
- Change Management Experience is preferred
- Core knowledge of AP- Purchase to Pay Cycle
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills. Must be able to analyze data, identify problem areas, make improvement recommendations, and implement approved recommendations.
- Customer focused with an attitude and ability to define and meet customer expectations.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite or similar.
- SAP/Oracle Financial or equivalent Financial Systems experience.
- Some knowledge of lean tools such as 8-D analysis, Pareto Charts, and Business Process Improvements (BPI).
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
6. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
- This role will require the candidate to work in shifts Night Shift (18:30 to 03:00 AM (following morning) or 12:30 to 21:30 depending on the region assignmed
- This role requires an individual to be able to adapt to change in an ever changing environment and manage a staff to those changes.
- Supplier of resourcing to other areas of the organization which requires continuous cross-training efforts of staff; managing becomes a challenge to cover work-load and met metrics.
- Managing multi-lingual and multi-cultural staff to be able to support our global customer’s expectations for Invoice Processing.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.