Coordinate and reconcile bank statement activity to general ledger accounting activity for Eaton business units bank accounts and legal entities, ensuring and maintaining data integrity consistent with local GAAP and company’s financial policies.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Compare cash receipt and disbursement activity on general ledger and bank statements. The incumbent identifies any activity not appearing on both mediums as a reconciling item.
Discuss and seek to resolve, with bank and/or Eaton personnel, discrepancies between the bank and general ledger, which require corrective action.
Provide the bank reconciliations and supporting documentation to the Treasury, Financial Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Departments as well as to Divisions for the purpose of clearing reconciling items as necessary.
Trace reconciling items from the general ledger back to originating entries and evaluate the validity of correcting entries with the transaction originator.
Provide assistance in the resolution of issues related to cash transactions, requiring the ability to effectively research transactions and recognize procedural and other errors.
Collect and coordinate, on a monthly basis, bank statements and related supporting documentation from banks, Divisions and internal Accounting Departments. Includes the need to use on-line banking systems to obtain and investigate bank account information.
Provide assistance in the escheatment process by the coordination, identification and proper resolution of old outstanding checks.
Coordinate and assist with interim and year-end Ernst & Young testing of general ledger cash balances.
Ensure compliance to Z-7 policy of Eaton financial policy, Sarbanes Oxley Act – Electronic Audit Evidence
Train new members on the Cash Management process
Ability to understand numbers, interpret and analyze results to drive resolution of open items in the reconciliations
Ensuring compliance to internal controls by working with relevant stakeholders like treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable to drive adherence to company’s policies as well as applicable statutes
Actively participate in continuous improvement programs and committees.
Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or companyBasic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
• BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Structured approach to problem solving and ability to analyze a situation to identify the root cause
• Good knowledge of internal controls especially SOX requirements
• Ability to work within a team environment
• ERP knowledge preferably SAP
• Strong accounting knowledge – Local GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS
• Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
• Good Accounting knowledge
• Strong customer service orientation
• Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
• Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
• Adaptable to change.
• Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
• Drive for Results./Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Problem Solving, Drive for Results.
• Position will require the candidate to work in a Nigh Shift (18:30 to 03:00 AM (early morning – next day)
• Shared Services experience.
• Must be flexible in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
• Work with a sense of urgency, high metrics driven, and high quality of work
• Ability to work effectively with other members in the team and with internal and external customers required ( wherever required)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.