State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
• The primary purpose is to provide timely, accurate and relevant financial analysis and reporting to the Senior Leaders of the Aerospace Finance Team across various locations.
• This position is responsible for Aerospace plant operations and financial reports, account reconciliations, journal entries, and analyses. This position requires working in collaboration with Aerospace locations across the globe.
• This position would be an Individual Contributor.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
A. Reporting and Analysis:
• Generate and distribute various daily, weekly, and monthly plant operational/financial reports to key stakeholders.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts for multiple ledgers with emphasis on accuracy, attention to detail, and properly supported balances. Communicate with plant controllers regarding account variances, account aging and recommend actions to resolve.
• Generate and upload standard month end journal entries to Oracle GL; ensure entries are accurate, properly supported, and deadlines are met.
• Maintain internal control procedures to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley 404. Maintain and provide any requested documentation and support for internal/external audit or review purposes.
• Preparation of on-going monthly and periodic financial reports
• Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers and evaluate their impact on planned objectives.
• Promotion of good financial stewardship including control costs, driving forecast accuracy, driving balance sheet integrity and compliance to Eaton policies
• Coordinate, interpret and respond to ad hoc financial requests
• Perform additional analysis as assigned
• Identify and share/implement the best practices and improve the processes
• Perform additional analyses as assigned.
B. Work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, leverage best practices and standardization.
C. Quality culture – Accuracy, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines are critical for success.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial), which your position requires.
• Accounting major (B.Com) & CA/ICWA/CFA/MBA (Finance), preferable.
• Captive/Multinational experience (pre-requisite).
• Proficient with MS Excel and reporting tools
• Working Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools – Hyperion, Discoverer, ENCORE, RADAR, DFT etc
• Experience with Oracle and MFGPro (ERP) preferred
• 3-5 years of accounting experience.
• Experience in multinational manufacturing industry.
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
• Adaptable to varying cultures.
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to summarize findings and present solutions.
• Good interpersonal skills – ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Acts as a business partner to Aerospace plants, divisions, and headquarters – sees the big picture.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.